- Anyone with an interest in the design and manufacture of wood furniture can participate in the competition.
- Individuals or groups can sign up to take part, there is also no limit to the size of participating groups, though one person must be selected named to serve as the main contact point.
- Individuals can sign up to take part both in their own name, and or as part of a group, with no limit to the number of works that can be submitted.
- Youth: Entrants 24 years old or younger before the final submission date, and those who were born on or after June 1, 1998; If the entrant is a group, all members must meet this criterion.
- Society Category: Entrants who are 25 years old before the final submission date and were born on or before May 31, 1998; If the entrant is a group of individuals, all members must meet this criterion.
※ When registering to take part in the competition, entrants are required to upload the photograph page of their passport. Those who are under 18 years of age on the final day of submission must also upload a letter of agreement signed by their legal representative or guardian.【Brochure Addendum1】
- Submitted entries must be original, that have been previously entered into any other competition nor commercialized.
- The entry must be made from wood, though the design can also include other materials or mixed media.
- Submissions can be single pieces or combinations of pieces. In terms of the dimension and delivery of work, the maximum length, width and height of the piece shall not exceed 500cm in total. Entries that exceed this limit will not be accepted.
- If the entries include any decorations or accessories that were not made by the participating artist/group these must be clearly stated.
- Innovativeness 50% Design elements, the ability to incorporate new media per aesthetic principles.
- Technicality 30% The integration of traditional and contemporary woodwork art to demonstrate technical capability.
- Practicality 20% Potential for commercialization and mass production.
Winning Pieces Exhibition
- Entrants with prizewinning pieces must cooperate with the museum’s winning pieces exhibition, held in conjunction with the “2023 Daxi wood Life Festival” (provisional name)